Friday, November 21, 2008

I hate Yoga- C

There...I said it.

I just don't like it!

Couldn't do the Yoga yesterday as left home at 7:30 and got home at midnight, so am a day behind and did yoga today. It went a little something like this:

As the alarm goes up, my head springs off the pillow. "Today is YogaX," I think, "and fun will be had by all".

I was wrong.

I stretched, I pulled, I held...at one point I was asked to balance my entire body on my forearms. I am not stretchy. I never have been stretchy. And, chances are, I will NEVER be stretchy. I do have great respect now for Yoga people as I sweated and was breathing almost as hard as I do in Kenpo. I was never meant to bend or hold that way...NEVER! So that is why I hate Yoga.

Looking forward to Kenpo again in a couple of days.

So I have now done 4 out 72 workouts in this 90 day endurance trial.

How do I feel?

Like a god.

And not one of the 1000 of the Hindu religion or even any part of the Christian Trinity.

Ladies and Gentlemen...I am Thor!

5 comments:

Erik said...

I'm totally opposite from you, Thor.

I LOVE yoga. The stretchy part is actually easy for me and I could sit in that frog position for hours. I do have trouble with that forearm balance thingy, but the rest is relaxing, fun and easy.

We're going to see Iron & Wine tonight, so I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to do whatever is on tap. Hopefully, I'll have a couple of hours after work and before we have to leave.

Oh yeah, I'm thinking I might try to do stretch on the off days. What do you think about that?

Christopher said...

Fine...well...I guess I'll give it another shot...

Since I missed yesterday, I have to do legs and back tomorrow and kenpo sunday and then back into the day one on Monday, but when I do it right, I vote for the stretch rather than just an off day. So, let's do it!

Erik said...

Awesome! Hey, did you ever get a new copy of that DVD that you said didn't work? Which one was it?

Christopher said...

Yeah I did. It was the Back and Arms one. We had recorded two copies and for some reason the one I took hadn't worked but the other did. So I'm good to go and rocking it out!!!

Erik said...

Am I allowed to comment on this blog? Well, it makes me very sad for you, Thor, that you don't LOVE yoga. I did yoga X with E a couple of times and I love love love it! I even bought yoga pants! I'm not a flexible person...AT ALL, but because of yoga X, I can now almost touch my toes. I feel confident that I might actually get there soon (to my toes). Anyway, keep up the hard work, I am so proud of you guys :)

-Sonya