Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 1 - Erik

It's 11:20pm EST and I just finished the Chest & Back exercise for day 1 of P90X. This one totally kicked my butt. However, I feel like I did better than my first attempt at this workout, which I did during our "trial" week. We've decided to start this whole process over since we didn't know there was an actual schedule to follow. Christopher found this awesome, printable P90X calendar and worksheets from the Caustic Musings blog at maggiewang.com.

The Chest and Back video is crazy hard. I HATE pull ups...because I suck at them. I have to use a chair after 2, but I'm expecting to get better with time. The Ab Ripper X segment afterward, was the killer part of the workout. It was totally a core workout and I felt it in my thighs more than I did in my abs. Or...I guess I should say "ab". Maybe we should put our BEFORE pictures up here, Christopher?! Eesh!

Okay...best quote in this workout:

The bars will give you an extra six inches. That will let you go deeper.

That's what she said!

Anyways, I'm glad that we're starting this thing out right and can't wait to see how well we've done after 89 more days! Here's a terrible pic of how I look after I "bring it". I felt like I was about to "lose" it...if you know what I mean.

4 comments:

Christopher said...

Best Pic EVER!!! I just wish you could see me when I finish. I remember how we used to look after our spinning class...

Christopher said...

Oh, and I think I'll wait to put on the before pictures until at least day 30 so I don't feel so bad about myself. What do you think? At day 30 we put the before and after pics? I'm scared already...

Erik said...

Yeah, I think that will work. I just hope that I can see a difference in the 30 day pics!

Christopher said...

Me too...if not, it might have to be the 60...I'm just hoping there's SOME difference at the 90!