Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 1 - Christopher

Thus it begins. Today was chest and back. Push ups, pull ups...thy name is pain. Did real well until the end where I actually made good friends with the floor. It went a little something like this:

ME: (feet on chair, hands on ground, doing decline push up) Hello Mr. Floor, you look very inviting.

FLOOR: Oh, but I am. In fact, the best feeling is to just let your arms give way and meet me in a faceplant.

ME: A faceplant?! Won't that hurt?

FLOOR: Yes

ME: Sweet

(CRUNCH)

So after a much pain, massive amounts of grunting, and the occasional urge to punch the guy in the TV, I have finished day one of a 90 day program.

Will I be able to continue on in this gruelling feast of pain? Will my body rise to the challenge or will I collapse into a quivering ball of wuss-jelly by the end of the week?

Only time will tell.

Erik...I Brought It! You?

C

1 comment:

Erik said...

Dude, I had the same run-in with the floor, but my pull up bars were in the way. Not as "comfy" of a landing as it would have been if it were just the plush carpet...or my cat! Bring it!